One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The application of patterns or images to three-dimensional graphics to enhance the realism of their surfaces.
- ‘While texture mapping is important in conveying a realistic image, Israel finds that by far the most challenging aspect of any digital rendering is lighting.’
- ‘Bear in mind that texture mapping is resolution or scale dependent, so if the scanned material is at the wrong size, it could look very funny in your rendering.’
- ‘Pixar's technical contribution to computer animation is the art of texture mapping which, like performance capture, raises the bar for what's visually achievable from storyboard to silver screen.’
- ‘Does the creature resemble a half-finished 8th grade computer graphics project without finishing touches like texture mapping or surface smoothing?’
- ‘The most fun sidebar, though, was the one headed ‘Into the Third Dimension ‘, which discussed such modern technologies as texture mapping and color blending.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.