Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The application of patterns or images to three-dimensional graphics to enhance the realism of their surfaces.
- ‘While texture mapping is important in conveying a realistic image, Israel finds that by far the most challenging aspect of any digital rendering is lighting.’
- ‘Bear in mind that texture mapping is resolution or scale dependent, so if the scanned material is at the wrong size, it could look very funny in your rendering.’
- ‘The most fun sidebar, though, was the one headed ‘Into the Third Dimension ‘, which discussed such modern technologies as texture mapping and color blending.’
- ‘Does the creature resemble a half-finished 8th grade computer graphics project without finishing touches like texture mapping or surface smoothing?’
- ‘Pixar's technical contribution to computer animation is the art of texture mapping which, like performance capture, raises the bar for what's visually achievable from storyboard to silver screen.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.