Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
(in word processing) a facility allowing text to surround embedded features such as pictures.
- ‘If you have a bit of patience, you can create a faux-curved text wrap around what appears to be a single image.’
- ‘Here's a question that comes up every now and again: How do you make text wrap around an object in Adobe Illustrator?’
- ‘Now that the text wrap is on, all the words are visible within the text field's borders.’
- ‘If you no longer want to use text wrap around an object it can easily be removed.’
- ‘There's no way to align an image in the center of the page and have text wrap around both sides.’
- ‘Keep in mind that the text frame will now ignore text wrap for any graphic it interacts with that has text wrap.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.