One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The manipulation of text, especially the transformation of text from one format to another.
- ‘The strengths of scripting languages play directly to LIS programming requirements because their dynamic nature fits the needs of text processing.’
- ‘Heim noted that text processing is transforming the way many disciplines are done: ‘The word processor is the calculator of the humanist’.’
- ‘Christopher, a Web programmer, converted the index into a database using Per!, a programming language that is often used for Web-based text processing and data manipulation.’
- ‘According to Capobianco, Curl applications are a set of development tools that combine scripting language, text processing and object-oriented programming.’
- ‘In text processing one can use regular expressions to devise very brief scripts that might require many times more code in other languages - and that can never be understood by anyone other than the person who wrote them.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.