One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An electronic communication sent and received by mobile phone.
- ‘Will I have to phone someone before I sent them a text message and offer them an opt-out option?’
- ‘The Sazo also features a panic button which, if pressed, automatically sends a text message to the parent.’
- ‘They can simply send a text message with a code word, their identity number and a pin code.’
- ‘There is no need to go to a shop or access a website, simply send a text message and the cost is added to your phone bill.’
- ‘The answers were then looked up and sent by mobile phone text message to students in the test hall.’
- ‘So, in the meantime, if you do receive an unsolicited text message offering a bogus prize, what should you do?’
- ‘As an optional service, the user can be sent a text message every two hours while they're parked.’
- ‘The two talk on average a couple of times a month and have found a use for that most modern of innovations: the text message.’
- ‘Jason had sent a text message to his father earlier that day saying that he was distressed after a row with his girlfriend.’
- ‘It is usually much cheaper to send a text message, so check these charges too.’
- ‘The system can even send a text message to remind the motorist if they are nearing the maximum stay.’
- ‘Now I save a text message to my phone with the street name and nearest cross street.’
- ‘In recent weeks we have reported on scams perpetrated by post, fax and mobile phone text message.’
- ‘There's no premium to be paid by the user, over and above what it costs to send a text message.’
- ‘And today we make it easier than ever to join the cause by allowing you to add your name by mobile phone text message.’
- ‘The alert can also be forwarded as a text message to those with mobile phones.’
- ‘We used our mobile phones to send our mum a text message to find out the address.’
- ‘I couldn't get through to him so I sent him a text message to tell him I was at home.’
- ‘Each inquiry will cost the same as a regular text message depending on the mobile phone operator.’
- ‘You can renew the loan of the book and pay the fine from the comfort of your own home just by sending a text message.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.