Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A system or program that allows a user to edit text.
- ‘You can use a standard Manila file folder and loose-leaf paper or you may want to create a folder on your computer and use a text editor such as Microsoft Word for your pages.’
- ‘Now we are going to change the permissions on the XF86Config file, so your GUI text editor can edit it under your normal account.’
- ‘The most common way for him to do this is to compose his message with the text editor or word processor of his choice and save it to disk.’
- ‘You'll save some time if you write and save all your profile data to a text editor or word processor file.’
- ‘You can then edit it with a text editor such as wordpad.’
- ‘Up to now, the development tools have also been rather basic, with most programmers sitting in front of a text editor to develop their graphical effects.’
- ‘NoteTab Pro is a leading-edge text editor and HTML coding tool, and an ideal Notepad replacement.’
- ‘It should stay up, support large numbers of open browser windows without crashing, have a tolerable text editor (or word processor if you absolutely insist), and it should be easy for me to cut and paste.’
- ‘There are two ways to edit the configuration file, either using Red Hat's browser-based HTTP Configuration Tool, or directly editing it via a text editor.’
- ‘I remember from using NeXT having a text editor to edit source, and the Pascal compiler putting an option in the Services menu to compile and run, completely removing the save launch and load intermediate step.’
- ‘Step 1: Open your text editor or word processor and write down all the words and phrases that you might have searched for if you were looking for a company which offers products and services similar to yours.’
- ‘The software includes more than fifty new features, including a text editor and a new macro language.’
- ‘Many Weblog packages offer desktop applications that ease this pain, allowing users to write using a word processor or simple text editor and upload the final product when they are done.’
- ‘SAs generally select their favorite text editor and manually edit the files as needed.’
- ‘It's created using a simple text editor like Notepad or Wordpad, complicated word processors such as Microsoft Word will only corrupt the file.’
- ‘If the higher priority process waiting to run is a text editor in which the user is typing or an MP3 player ready to refill its audio buffer, the result is poor interactive performance.’
- ‘Open the named.conf file for editing in your favorite text editor.’
- ‘Notepad is an excellent text editor that has a variety of uses such as writing HTML, editing scripts, and writing ezine articles - just to name a few.’
- ‘All she needs from a computer is a text editor for writing and a spreadsheet program for organizing.’
- ‘By the way, if you don't already know how to operate a Unix text editor such as vi you will definitely learn.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.