One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A member of the Texas State police force (formerly, of certain locally mustered regiments during the Mexican War).
- ‘It's identical to those used by many a Texas Ranger and other border lawmen in the early decades of the 20th century.’
- ‘One of the anecdotes related in this program was about a Texas Ranger who was riding in a semi-populated area of Texas when a group of Indians decided to attack.’
- ‘Joining him are a group of hip, young toughs who thirst for the kind of action that only being a Texas Ranger can offer.’
- ‘Was I actually holding a revolver used by a Texas Ranger during the Mexican War?’
- ‘Betty Miles, playing a woman whose husband had been murdered by outlaws, insists on being sworn in as a Texas Ranger.’
- ‘And most of the audience is probably thinking I'm going to bring on an elite law enforcement team, the Texas Rangers, whose motto is one riot, one Ranger - and look out stranger I'm a Texas Ranger.’
- ‘Eiland said a Texas Ranger questioned nurses late Monday night at the University of Texas Medical Branch-Galveston neo-natal intensive care unit, where Eiland's premature twins are patients.’
- ‘He would migrate to Texas and wind up as a Texas Ranger in 1918, stationed in the Big Bend District.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.