Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] A form of poker in which each player is dealt two cards face down and combines these with any of five community cards to make the best available five-card hand.
- ‘Poker fans will recognize that this brand of the game has recently been supplanted by Texas Hold 'Em because the percentages in five card stud are easier to navigate.’
- ‘Texas Hold 'Em: Will the Tour King sit this one out?’
- ‘Multi-player Texas Hold 'Em and bingo will also make an appearance in the RealTime stable of games.’
- ‘All your winnings at the Knob Creek Texas Hold 'Em will go to charity.’
- ‘If you don't have a TV, Texas Hold 'Em is all the rage.’
- ‘Recognizing the popularity of Poker, they introduced a computer game of Texas Hold 'Em this year.’
- ‘He was running a sports book operation for the Albanians as well as weekly games of Texas Hold 'Em.’
- ‘For beginning poker players, try Cardinal's Professional Texas Hold 'Em Poker Set, $29.99, which includes 200 chips and a deck of cards.’
- ‘Betting big with a pair of deuces in Texas Hold 'Em could lead to a third deuce and a win on "the river."’
- ‘I feel like taking the bus down to Atlantic City and playing a few hands of Texas Hold 'Em.’
- ‘Dozens of books have been published in the past few months promising to help the reader clean up at Texas Hold 'Em.’
- ‘Several channels carried the professional poker games and during halftime, commercials, and lulls in football action, I anxiously clicked over to see some Texas Hold 'Em.’
- ‘And this poker hand is seven-card stud, no-limit Texas Hold 'Em.’
- ‘Texas Hold 'Em is the name of what I usually play and with which you might be familiar if you watch Channel 4 Late Night Poker.’
- ‘In Texas Hold 'Em two aces are the best cards to start with.’
- ‘I think they called it Texas Hold 'Em.’
- ‘My suggestion: "Proposes International No-Limit Texas Hold 'Em tournament to Allocate Agricultural Subsidies."’
- ‘Like Texas Hold 'Em, it's fun to watch and nervewracking to play.’
- ‘Texas Hold 'Em, online multiplayer.’
- ‘Stephen Hendry first switched me on to the form of poker called Texas Hold 'Em.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.