Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Consisting of four atoms.
- ‘Wide amplitude rovibrational bound state calculations in tri- and tetratomic molecules have advanced enormously in recent years.’
- ‘Seen here is a 2D stroboscopic history of the collision of four diatomic molecules, a tetratomic molecule, and an atom.’
- ‘What is the key difference between your various structures, in how various tetratomic molecules have different shape?’
- ‘This tetratomic vapor condenses to liquid white phosphorus which freezes at 44.1°C to solid white phosphorus, a soft, waxy, colorless material.’
- ‘Solid phosphorus has a tetratomic molecule with molecular weight 123.8952 atomic mass units (amu).’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.