One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A polymer comprising four monomer units.
- ‘Numerous studies suggest that the smallest multimer with full catalytic activity is a tetramer or an octamer.’
- ‘We find that the tetramer and the dimer become less stable than the monomer as the pH is lowered.’
- ‘This analysis also explains why most repressers and activators bind as dimers and tetramers, not trimers or pentamers.’
- ‘Proanthocyanidin mixtures from grapes are a combination of dimers, trimers, tetramers, oligomers, and polymers.’
- ‘The tetramer is the functional unit of hemoglobin and its constituent chains are in communication with one another.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.