Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A polymer comprising four monomer units.
- ‘Proanthocyanidin mixtures from grapes are a combination of dimers, trimers, tetramers, oligomers, and polymers.’
- ‘We find that the tetramer and the dimer become less stable than the monomer as the pH is lowered.’
- ‘The tetramer is the functional unit of hemoglobin and its constituent chains are in communication with one another.’
- ‘Numerous studies suggest that the smallest multimer with full catalytic activity is a tetramer or an octamer.’
- ‘This analysis also explains why most repressers and activators bind as dimers and tetramers, not trimers or pentamers.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.