One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘He added tetchily, ‘You don't have to face responsibilities of any sort do you?’’
- ‘Unable to make sense of what was happening to them, they reacted tetchily and their play degenerated into niggling, scrappy attempts to win the ball.’
- ‘When his time came he tetchily refuted the notion that Peel might have contributed anything to his success.’
- ‘When asked if he feared the decision would be taken for him, he tetchily replied: ‘Ask that question of my President, not me.’’
- ‘‘You offered us answers,’ she reminded him tetchily.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.