One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The disposal of property by will.
- ‘The duty to support will limit a parent's freedom of testation and the liability of a parent's estate for support of a dependent child is established in our law.’
- ‘They do agree that the courts can override the power of testation but on what basis should they approach it.’
- ‘The principle of freedom of testation leaves a person free to choose who should benefit from the estate, and there is nothing to prevent him bequeathing everything to charity.’
- ‘Once the maintenance needs have been met or no longer exist, freedom of testation becomes the determining factor.’
- ‘Perhaps the English system comes closer to seeing freedom of testation as a fundamental right.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.