One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The disposal of property by will.
- ‘The principle of freedom of testation leaves a person free to choose who should benefit from the estate, and there is nothing to prevent him bequeathing everything to charity.’
- ‘The duty to support will limit a parent's freedom of testation and the liability of a parent's estate for support of a dependent child is established in our law.’
- ‘Perhaps the English system comes closer to seeing freedom of testation as a fundamental right.’
- ‘They do agree that the courts can override the power of testation but on what basis should they approach it.’
- ‘Once the maintenance needs have been met or no longer exist, freedom of testation becomes the determining factor.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.