One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A pilot who flies an aircraft to test its performance.
- ‘He is an incredible value to the operations side of the house due to missions as both a test pilot and operational flyer.’
- ‘She got her pilot's license in 1948 and became an accomplished stunt flier and test pilot.’
- ‘In this account of life as a test pilot, fighter pilot, and combat commander, Ross tells his Air Force story with wit, candor, and refreshing irreverence.’
- ‘The trust works in conjunction with the Young Eagles, a worldwide organisation founded by Chuck Yeager, the American test pilot who broke the sound barrier in the 1950s.’
- ‘Many of Papana's experiences as a test pilot were documented in Flying magazine.’
- ‘Showing faith in the design, Northrop accompanied the test pilot on the plane's second flight so the pilot could show him a wobble that developed at certain speeds.’
- ‘Sharma was a test pilot with the Indian Air Force when the Russians began to look among them for an astronaut to join a Russian space exploration.’
- ‘In 1939 he was assigned as a test pilot at Wright Field, Ohio.’
- ‘He is currently a test pilot with the Aircraft Research and Development Test Unit at RAAF Base Edinburgh in South Australia.’
- ‘Allen was felt to be the test pilot with the most large four-engine experience.’
- ‘Once the aeroplane is registered we'll get a test pilot in and, if everything is approved, we'll be able to fly it.’
- ‘The test pilot found the aircraft remarkably stable and easy to control, and a pleasant surprise to all of us.’
- ‘I later became a test pilot for the RAF and on leaving the service I started to teach art.’
- ‘The company knew that they had a winner from this first test flight but the cautious test pilot recommended certain changes - some of which were easy, some of which took time.’
- ‘I resolved early on that I would become an aeronautical engineer and test pilot and as I progressed through school I took courses that would lead to that goal.’
- ‘Afterward he flew planes transporting the Royal Family and then became a test pilot until his retirement in 1985.’
- ‘The ironic thing is that he was a test pilot in the Navy and had several close calls in aircraft, but always survived them.’
- ‘The team includes test and evaluation engineers, maintenance staff and a test pilot.’
- ‘A World War II ace, he became a test pilot and was the first man to break the sound barrier.’
- ‘After getting out of the Air Force he became a test pilot for North American and had lots of time in fighter aircraft.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.