One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A portion of food of specified quantity and composition, eaten to stimulate digestive secretions which can then be analysed.
- ‘Bulimics who purged a test meal had significant drops in glucose and insulin after purging the test meal, while glucose and insulin levels after a non-purged meal were comparable to controls.’
- ‘In this study, 50 healthy adults were fed a high-fat test meal on three separate occasions, once a week for 3 weeks.’
- ‘Psyllium incorporated into foods, such as pasta, and isolated psyllium when added to a test meal has been shown to reduce postprandial glucose and insulin concentrations.’
- ‘Vuksan et al also demonstrated that 3 g American ginseng, when given 40 minutes prior to the test meal, significantly lowered the blood glucose in both non-diabetic subjects and type 2 diabetic patients.’
- ‘Baseline meals were high in carbohydrate and low in fat, whereas the test meal and snacks provided lower carbohydrate and higher fat content for the period during the night shift.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.