One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A vocal or instrumental trio.
trio, triplet, triplets, triumvirate, triad, trinity, troika, triunity, triangle, triplexView synonyms
- ‘The repertoire of the ensemble includes solos, duettas, and terzettos to piano, for example the following operetta numbers: ‘The Countess Mariza’, ‘The Violet of Montmartre’, ‘The Happy Widow’, ‘Victoria and her Hussar’.’
- ‘Shortly after orchestrating the second series of Slavonic Dances in 1886, the composer, a violist, wrote two string terzettos for himself and two violin students, who lived in his house.’
- ‘Still, ‘La Clemenza’ does have its moments and has an easy flow to it that offers a certain consistency from beginning to end that makes it easy listening, especially some of its duets, choral pieces and terzettos.’
- ‘In 1705, Lotti had a collection of madrigals published: Duetti, terzetti e madrigali a piu voci.’
- ‘As consolation, Dvorák promptly wrote a second terzetto in a much simpler style, Op. 75a, which was later published in a better-known arrangement for violin and piano entitled Romantic Pieces.’
Italian (see tercet).
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.