One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The part of a country's economy concerned with the provision of services.
- ‘In addition to the 850,000 strong workforce directly employed in the industry, it has also created 1.15m indirect employment opportunities in tertiary industries such as transport, catering, security and housekeeping services.’
- ‘From primary through to tertiary industries, all are significantly reliant upon information technology.’
- ‘‘Shanghai has a robust economy, yet its tertiary industry is relatively weak,’ Jiang said.’
- ‘Shanghai will give priority to the development of tertiary industries such as service and catering.’
- ‘Given these incentives, every person who gains employment in primary industry or property improvement of any sort generates four more job opportunities downstream in secondary and tertiary industries.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.