One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The part of a country's economy concerned with the provision of services.
- ‘‘Shanghai has a robust economy, yet its tertiary industry is relatively weak,’ Jiang said.’
- ‘In addition to the 850,000 strong workforce directly employed in the industry, it has also created 1.15m indirect employment opportunities in tertiary industries such as transport, catering, security and housekeeping services.’
- ‘Shanghai will give priority to the development of tertiary industries such as service and catering.’
- ‘Given these incentives, every person who gains employment in primary industry or property improvement of any sort generates four more job opportunities downstream in secondary and tertiary industries.’
- ‘From primary through to tertiary industries, all are significantly reliant upon information technology.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.