One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A mark awarded to school students which indicates their eligibility for college or university.‘the study found associations between tertiary education rank and professional achievement’
- ‘We have had no difficulty in filling the places as the program attracts students with a high Tertiary Entrance Rank.’
- ‘A single, state-wide Tertiary Entrance Rank system was introduced to replace the tertiary entrance score.’
- ‘From these results, universities can then develop a Tertiary Entrance Rank to prioritise students for selection.’
- ‘These board-determined courses are centrally designed and examined and contribute to the tertiary entrance rank.’
- ‘Each student paper was assigned a score that was developed into a Tertiary Entrance Rank.’
- ‘The almost universal criterion for the selection of the vast majority of applicants to university has been the Tertiary Entrance Rank.’
- ‘I received a letter from a student who, after gaining a tertiary entrance rank of 98.9 decided to study classical Greek at the University of Sydney.’
- ‘The website would provide students with their TEE results, their Tertiary Entrance Rank (TER) and eligibility messages for university, plus other important information.’
- ‘In NSW, universities select on the basis of the Tertiary Entrance Rank.’
- ‘Selection was based on the tertiary entrance rank for students who entered directly from the final year of high school.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.