One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Education for people above school age, including college, university, and vocational courses.‘the policy improves access to tertiary education’
- ‘In 2001 we had as many students in tertiary education as Germany, which has a population a third larger, and more than comparably sized France, Italy, and Spain.’
- ‘The construction industry is attracting tertiary education funding for four-hour building site induction courses.’
- ‘I have received a letter seeking to debate a decision not to establish a scheme to assist parents to save for their children's tertiary education.’
- ‘Tertiary education fees, along with student debt, have skyrocketed.’
- ‘He argued that "a free tertiary education is beyond the country's means".’
- ‘At the beginning of their first year of tertiary education, many could not have predicted they would one day be embarking on this course of study.’
- ‘She is involved with primary and tertiary education and the preservation of Gaelic culture and language.’
- ‘At the present time, the government regulates private tertiary education by means of a special eight-person committee.’
- ‘The selection system was based on generic characteristics, including tertiary education, employment experience, English capacity, and age.’
- ‘Because the tertiary education system at the time discriminated against those considered to be underage, he had to search for employment.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.