One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A specially designed outdoor area for snowboarding, containing a variety of ramps, jumps, etc.
- ‘The area offered a small terrain park with a 30-foot tabletop jump and a 30-foot flat rail on a 340-foot long slope.’
- ‘You will find Freeskiers in the terrain parks that almost every ski resort in North America has created over the last 2 years.’
- ‘From the top of the Crest Express lift, snowboarders can hit three terrain parks for half-pipe aerials and rail grinding.’
- ‘Back when I started, terrain parks were not really there yet.’
- ‘There are also four terrain parks and a 400 ft competition superpipe.’
- ‘Free-riding, not terrain parks, is the dominant theme for snowboarders.’
- ‘Natural terrain parks are carved out of the trough of the canyon, and there are even some groomed beginner runs.’
- ‘This year I have joined the many grommets in the terrain park and the huge black diamond jumps that make you feel so alive.’
- ‘Still under development is a Nordic skiing terrain park.’
- ‘There, though, I couldn't help but notice the bowls, pistes and terrain parks.’
- ‘There's a variety of terrain too, ranging from steep exposures, wooded areas, open powder fields and a big terrain park.’
- ‘Terrain parks provide a skier with more variety, especially when there's too little snow in the mountains.’
- ‘Heading to a terrain park soon?’
- ‘You can still do tricks on skis but the ratio is about 20:1 against them in the terrain parks.’
- ‘For the snowboarders, numerous terrain parks are scattered throughout complete with jumps of all sizes, rails and very well groomed half pipes.’
- ‘Come winter, drive the 12 miles west of Pontiac to get above it all at Alpine Valley, a ski resort with 25 runs and a snowboard terrain park.’
- ‘Terrain parks are the big draw (when it's not dumping) now.’
- ‘But I smile every time I go to a resort and see snowboarders and skiers having fun in the "terrain park."’
- ‘For the best terrain parks, Whistler, in British Columbia, can't be beaten.’
- ‘This was the first real mountainboard terrain park and has jumps, tables, rails and other high-performance "toys."’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.