One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A specially designed outdoor area for snowboarding, containing a variety of ramps, jumps, etc.
- ‘Terrain parks provide a skier with more variety, especially when there's too little snow in the mountains.’
- ‘Come winter, drive the 12 miles west of Pontiac to get above it all at Alpine Valley, a ski resort with 25 runs and a snowboard terrain park.’
- ‘There, though, I couldn't help but notice the bowls, pistes and terrain parks.’
- ‘There's a variety of terrain too, ranging from steep exposures, wooded areas, open powder fields and a big terrain park.’
- ‘Free-riding, not terrain parks, is the dominant theme for snowboarders.’
- ‘But I smile every time I go to a resort and see snowboarders and skiers having fun in the "terrain park."’
- ‘For the snowboarders, numerous terrain parks are scattered throughout complete with jumps of all sizes, rails and very well groomed half pipes.’
- ‘You can still do tricks on skis but the ratio is about 20:1 against them in the terrain parks.’
- ‘This was the first real mountainboard terrain park and has jumps, tables, rails and other high-performance "toys."’
- ‘Still under development is a Nordic skiing terrain park.’
- ‘There are also four terrain parks and a 400 ft competition superpipe.’
- ‘For the best terrain parks, Whistler, in British Columbia, can't be beaten.’
- ‘You will find Freeskiers in the terrain parks that almost every ski resort in North America has created over the last 2 years.’
- ‘This year I have joined the many grommets in the terrain park and the huge black diamond jumps that make you feel so alive.’
- ‘From the top of the Crest Express lift, snowboarders can hit three terrain parks for half-pipe aerials and rail grinding.’
- ‘Back when I started, terrain parks were not really there yet.’
- ‘Terrain parks are the big draw (when it's not dumping) now.’
- ‘Heading to a terrain park soon?’
- ‘The area offered a small terrain park with a 30-foot tabletop jump and a 30-foot flat rail on a 340-foot long slope.’
- ‘Natural terrain parks are carved out of the trough of the canyon, and there are even some groomed beginner runs.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.