1[usually with modifier] Land or territory.
- ‘To Mesa's disappointment, the wolves all belonged to the River Pack, who were located much more south of his terra.’
- ‘Armesto is stiffer than what I'd love him to be, but his eagle-eye view is great -- a vast terra of long calendrical time seems to get all contained, missing not a single drop, in one punch of his keyboard.’
- ‘We ‘get down’ as we did in the Congo, touching our alma mater, the earth, terra.’
2(in science fiction) the planet earth.
- ‘It was not easy to hear a solid sound within the depths of the terra and a Tigren's light footsteps would be nearly impossible.’
- ‘Blast off into uncharted alien territory on the trail of a deadly secret, threatening peace on Terra.’
Latin, literally earth.