Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A polymer synthesized from three different monomers.
- ‘These terpolymers can be processed by conventional rubber methods and used in a wide variety of applications, such as shaft seals, extrusion profiles, gaskets, and O-rings.’
- ‘The terpolymers have exhibited a strain of more than 7% and elastic energy density of more than 1 J / cm 3.’
- ‘Two new maleated terpolymers bond to ‘difficult’ substrates in multilayer packaging.’
- ‘The blood compatibility of these terpolymers was also investigated.’
- ‘Low-toxicity bioresorbable terpolymers with shape memory properties are promising new materials for biomedical applications.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.