Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A polymer synthesized from three different monomers.
- ‘Two new maleated terpolymers bond to ‘difficult’ substrates in multilayer packaging.’
- ‘The blood compatibility of these terpolymers was also investigated.’
- ‘Low-toxicity bioresorbable terpolymers with shape memory properties are promising new materials for biomedical applications.’
- ‘The terpolymers have exhibited a strain of more than 7% and elastic energy density of more than 1 J / cm 3.’
- ‘These terpolymers can be processed by conventional rubber methods and used in a wide variety of applications, such as shaft seals, extrusion profiles, gaskets, and O-rings.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.