One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The part of the year during which instruction is being given in schools, colleges, or universities.‘at present the crèche operates during term time only’
- ‘Christina discovered she had a good ear for language and decided to do a degree, commuting from Florence to Hull University during term time.’
- ‘So, as someone who understands why parents want cheap holidays during term time, please allow them their June and September holidays again.’
- ‘Commonweal School students Gemma Gillies and Tom Curtis have never been sick, played truant or gone on holiday during term time in the past five years.’
- ‘Taking children out of school during term time is very much frowned upon.’
- ‘The place seems to be particularly popular with student-types, especially during term time when they pile up here from nearby Swansea University.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.