The part of the year during which instruction is being given in schools, colleges, or universities.‘at present the crèche operates during term time only’
- ‘Commonweal School students Gemma Gillies and Tom Curtis have never been sick, played truant or gone on holiday during term time in the past five years.’
- ‘So, as someone who understands why parents want cheap holidays during term time, please allow them their June and September holidays again.’
- ‘Christina discovered she had a good ear for language and decided to do a degree, commuting from Florence to Hull University during term time.’
- ‘The place seems to be particularly popular with student-types, especially during term time when they pile up here from nearby Swansea University.’
- ‘Taking children out of school during term time is very much frowned upon.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.