One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
nounPlural teratomas, Plural teratomataMedicine
A tumour composed of tissues not normally present at the site (the site being typically in the gonads).
- ‘To our knowledge, no similar tumor has been described in the ovary or in teratomas at any other site.’
- ‘The treatment for teratomas, whether benign or malignant, is resection as the tumor may grow to impinge on adjacent structures.’
- ‘The gastrointestinal tract is an unusual site for teratomas to occur.’
- ‘Gastric teratoma is a rare tumor usually seen in male infants.’
- ‘However, five of 19 animals developed teratomata; tumour formation being a major complication of embryonic stem cell transplantation.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.