One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A tumour composed of tissues not normally present at the site (the site being typically in the gonads).
- ‘The gastrointestinal tract is an unusual site for teratomas to occur.’
- ‘Gastric teratoma is a rare tumor usually seen in male infants.’
- ‘The treatment for teratomas, whether benign or malignant, is resection as the tumor may grow to impinge on adjacent structures.’
- ‘However, five of 19 animals developed teratomata; tumour formation being a major complication of embryonic stem cell transplantation.’
- ‘To our knowledge, no similar tumor has been described in the ovary or in teratomas at any other site.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.