One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘French journalists and media workers often think of media conglomerates as tentacular creatures: Hachette (publishing, print media distribution, etc.) was long called ‘the octopus’.’
- ‘The response consists of tentacular writhing and mouth opening and is similar to the feeding response seen in A. pallida.’
- ‘The grands corps were the powerhouses of the state, and established a tentacular grasp on other key institutions.’
- ‘The lophophore, a ciliated, tentacular organ for feeding, of varying three-dimensional morphology, is suspended between the mantles.’
- ‘Davidson emphasized the Port Authority's openness to criticism by showing how the plan incorporates the original terminal's tentacular tubes, omitted from a first scheme.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.