One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘French journalists and media workers often think of media conglomerates as tentacular creatures: Hachette (publishing, print media distribution, etc.) was long called ‘the octopus’.’
- ‘The grands corps were the powerhouses of the state, and established a tentacular grasp on other key institutions.’
- ‘Davidson emphasized the Port Authority's openness to criticism by showing how the plan incorporates the original terminal's tentacular tubes, omitted from a first scheme.’
- ‘The lophophore, a ciliated, tentacular organ for feeding, of varying three-dimensional morphology, is suspended between the mantles.’
- ‘The response consists of tentacular writhing and mouth opening and is similar to the feeding response seen in A. pallida.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.