One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A series of parallel diagonal stitches.‘the design can be worked in either half-cross or tent stitch’
- ‘These tent stitch motifs were flat, stitched down with gold or silver gilt thread, upon the velvet.’
- ‘That the panel on the easy chair is in satin stitch and Mr. Holzer's is in tent stitch cannot obscure the amazing similarities of these two extremely rare upholstery masterpieces.’
- ‘Details on how to work tent stitch in rows and also in columns are indicated in the viewing frame below.’
- ‘Pictorial slips with fruit, flowers and insects were worked in tent stitch and applied to pillow covers.’
- ‘An important large embroidery worked in tent stitch with wool and silk depicting scenes from the life of Abraham.’
- ‘Gros point, as the name implies, is larger, and is tent stitch worked over a double thread of the canvas on the diagonal.’
- ‘The tent stitch is a small diagonal stitch that slants from lower left to upper right.’
- ‘As a result, the tent stitch needle will be able to come up comfortably in open holes, wrap over the laid row and sink at an angle under the previous laid row.’
- ‘Both were worked with tent stitch in silk and both have corner tassels attached with metal rings or hooks.’
- ‘This project features only the tent stitch, a stitch favored by Mary, Queen of Scots, celebrated amateur needlewoman.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.