One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘When his Fiat's cam-belt tensioner began giving problems he solved it - for a time - with the help of an old shopping trolley wheel.’
- ‘In order to prevent the pipe buckling at the sagbend a horizontal tension was applied to the pipe by tensioners situated on the deck of the vessel.’
- ‘The timing change tensioner for the Porsche Cayenne is actually a plastic assembly, not metal as is often the case.’
- ‘Make sure that you've threaded it correctly, and that all the tensioners are working properly (I usually spin them all the way in each direction, then re-set them).’
- ‘If the vehicle rolls, the car triggers the side airbags and seat belt tensioners to help protect occupants.’
- ‘An adjustable ratchet, which neither reel has but which the tensioners might help simulate, would of course give you the best of both worlds.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.