Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A rectangular area marked with lines on which tennis is played.
- ‘The indoor stadium will feature a tennis court, four badminton courts or ten table-tennis tables.’
- ‘It is on a tennis court where he is most likely to be found relaxing.’
- ‘He was the greatest athlete to walk on to a tennis court.’
- ‘The hotel has two swimming pools and a tennis court.’
- ‘On the tennis court I find it hard to keep my emotions together.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.