Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A powerful riding horse of a breed with a characteristic fast walking pace.
- ‘The Tennessee Walking Horse is considered one of the light breeds of the equine family.’
- ‘Tennessee Walking Horse owners find that the satisfaction they receive far outweighs the price of ownership.’
- ‘She was the owner of Supreme Image, a Tennessee Walking Horse.’
- ‘Each year, the best of the breed are recognized at the Tennessee Walking Horse National Celebration.’
- ‘The association hosted a round table discussion with representatives from the Tennessee Walking Horse industry.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.