One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The basic monetary unit of Kazakhstan, equal to 100 teins.
- ‘The average annual per capita income is just 47,795 Kazakhstan tenges.’
- ‘A fare in a taxi to the city is 150-300 tenges.’
- ‘Parties, which can each field 10 candidates, will have a spending cap of 99 million tenges.’
- ‘His colleague spent a day behind bars for the flat refusal to pay a fine of 50,000 tenges.’
- ‘Of this sum, 3 billion tenges is intended for health monitoring among the local population over a period of three years.’
- ‘They began auctions in Kazakh tenges and Byelorussian roubles for Russian roubles.’
- ‘The total sum will be at about 108 billions tenges.’
- ‘Average monthly salaries have been estimated to be roughly equivalent to 31,500 tenges.’
- ‘A tax court fined the paper 57 million tenges for not paying sales tax for two years.’
- ‘The average wage totalled 45,700 tenges.’
- ‘The state budget received 60 billion tenges of taxes for the legalized properties.’
Kazakh and Turkmen, literally ‘coin, rouble’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.