One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Inflammation of a tendon, most commonly from overuse but also from infection or rheumatic disease.
- ‘Older athletes are more likely to present with tendinitis in these areas.’
- ‘Both players were diagnosed with rotator cuff tendinitis that resolved with rest and rehabilitation.’
- ‘The localized tenderness in your shoulder could be several things: tendonitis, bursitis or tissue damage.’
- ‘Don't do this exercise if you have active tendinitis or bursitis in your shoulders.’
- ‘Achilles tendonitis is common when persons first take up athletic activities.’
- ‘He has inflammation and tendinitis in his right rotator cuff.’
- ‘He has a six-month history of taking a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug for tendonitis.’
- ‘Much to my relief, my doctor finally diagnosed me with only biceps tendonitis and told me to back off my workouts a bit.’
- ‘Tests for tendinitis and carpal tunnel syndrome were negative.’
- ‘The good news is that treating overuse problems like tendonitis is fairly straightforward.’
- ‘If you think you have tendinitis, talk with your physician.’
- ‘She suffers from osteoarthritis, tendonitis and has irritable nerve endings around her knees.’
- ‘Dancers may want to vary their physical experience in order to prevent overuse injuries such as tendinitis.’
- ‘This strap helps alleviate the pain and discomfort of Achilles tendonitis, an ailment common among basketball players.’
- ‘In tendonitis, joint movements against resistance elicit pain.’
- ‘Chronic shoulder problems usually fall into one of several categories, which include impingement syndrome, frozen shoulder and biceps tendonitis.’
- ‘The aching and tenderness you are experiencing on your lower leg are common symptoms of this particular type of tendonitis.’
- ‘Patients with insertional tendinitis tend to be older, and wound healing is a major concern.’
- ‘If tendinitis is severe and leads to the rupture of a tendon, you may need surgical repair.’
- ‘Among younger dancers, overuse injuries like shin splints and Achilles tendinitis are common.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.