Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The hinge joint between the temporal bone and the lower jaw.
- ‘Pain of the temporomandibular joint for a brief time after awakening was commonly reported.’
- ‘Symptoms are characterised by recurrent clicking in the temporomandibular joint.’
- ‘The temporomandibular joints connect the lower jawbone to the temporal bone of the skull.’
- ‘TMJ disorders are a variety of conditions that cause tenderness and pain in the temporomandibular joint.’
- ‘The temporomandibular joint is the articulation between the mandible and the skull.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.