One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
For a limited period of time; not permanently.‘symptoms may disappear temporarily’‘a temporarily vacant department store’
for the time being, for the moment, for now, for the present, in the interim, for the nonce, for the meantime, in the meantime, in the meanwhileView synonyms
- ‘He ended up going temporarily blind.’
- ‘Bus stops may have to be moved temporarily.’
- ‘The service was temporarily suspended, but the problem has now been resolved.’
- ‘Traffic was stopped temporarily for the parade.’
- ‘You have to stay at a hotel temporarily.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.