One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
For a limited period of time; not permanently.‘symptoms may disappear temporarily’‘a temporarily vacant department store’
for the time being, for the moment, for now, for the present, in the interim, for the nonce, for the meantime, in the meantime, in the meanwhileView synonyms
- ‘Traffic was stopped temporarily for the parade.’
- ‘The service was temporarily suspended, but the problem has now been resolved.’
- ‘He ended up going temporarily blind.’
- ‘You have to stay at a hotel temporarily.’
- ‘Bus stops may have to be moved temporarily.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.