One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A member of the Knights Templar.
- ‘Many Templars were executed or imprisoned.’
- ‘Threatened by the growing influence of the Templars, the Church attacked them.’
- ‘The Templar nodded and beckoned his fellow knights to approach.’
- ‘When I was a young man, I was a Templar - that is, a knight employed by the church.’
- ‘He donned the disguise of a Templar knight.’
Middle English: from Old French templier, from medieval Latin templarius, from Latin templum (see temple).
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.