One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The wind blew it from east to west with fickle tempestuousness, and a violent spray of it hit Pieta's cheek.’
- ‘His name is an international signature for tempestuousness, sex appeal and poetry - he has it all.’
- ‘A sense of responsibility has shackled his tempestuousness, while a return to education has revealed qualities of introspection.’
- ‘The middle section definitely needed a bit of tempered tempestuousness, and the absence of expressive qualities in the final section were factors detrimental to the overall success of the works.’
- ‘For openers, Beethoven's overture to Coriolanus was just perfect, its very tempestuousness reflecting the Great One's own character.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.