One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Avery glared at him tempestuously, but began to close her books.’
- ‘The start to this tempestuously competitive Test couldn't have been much worse for the home team.’
- ‘His thoughts flew tempestuously between love and fear as she gripped his hand in hers, almost possessively.’
- ‘He glowered, his brown eyes sparkling tempestuously.’
- ‘There are times in British working class history where that spontaneous activity flowered so tempestuously that many workers became convinced that their activity on its own was enough to change the social order.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.