One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A compound of tellurium with another more electropositive element or a radical.
- ‘The boiling points decrease as the size of the electronegative atom decreases from hydrogen telluride to hydrogen sulfide.’
- ‘They separately synthesized rod-shaped nanometre scale crystal of two semi-conductors: cadmium selenide and cadmium telluride.’
- ‘Newly developed handheld gamma-ray spectrometers based on cadmium zinc telluride detectors are currently being used to detect and identify radioisotopes in a variety of security and defense applications.’
- ‘The group is exploring cadmium telluride, cadmium sulfide, boron/phosphorous-doped silicon, and organic/polymeric materials and plans to assess more exotic photovoltaic materials in the future.’
- ‘The most common minerals of gold are the tellurides, such as gold telluride, present in the mineral calavarite.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.