One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for picture tube
- ‘In the 1930s Baird twice televised the Derby, and during the second world war he developed high-definition and stereoscopic television and invented the first all-colour television tube.’
- ‘The cathode ray tube, a glass container in which this process occurs, has found a number of commercial applications, e.g., the television tube.’
- ‘The best LCD displays now rival (but do not quite match) the quality of the conventional glass cathode-ray tube screens which are on most of our desks and are based on the same technology that powers the familiar glass television tube.’
- ‘I am not talking about the digital quality, because over 50% of the price of any TV-set is the price of the television tube, and in case of a computer TV you have the monitor to work as a TV-tube.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.