One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An organization transmitting television programmes.
- ‘She instead called a local television station to broadcast a message of safety to her family.’
- ‘And there's no reason why a television station should not give free time to the candidates.’
- ‘A crew from a local television station duly arrived that afternoon.’
- ‘Channel M is a free television station for Manchester, transmitting on frequency 39.’
- ‘In most cases, the first step is an internship at a television station.’
- ‘He owns a recording label, a television station, three radio stations and a basketball team.’
- ‘Owning a press, or a television station or a magazine is a capital intensive proposition.’
- ‘I wanted to be a program editor and a reporter for a television station.’
- ‘Send a press release and photos to local papers or the assignment editor at the local television station.’
- ‘I called the television station and asked to see the medical research that had been used to document the show.’
- ‘He won the rights to broadcast this version of the game on his television station.’
- ‘By then I had some connection with a Japanese television station, and once in a while I would send some films to them as news.’
- ‘It is owned by the same company that owns a television station and a radio station in Chicago and more of them around the country.’
- ‘Some 18 candidates began campaigning and each was promised equal time on the local television station.’
- ‘We also had a local television station create a commercial that would best reach the targeted population.’
- ‘And for example there was a television station closed down there permanently last year.’
- ‘My last full time job as a journalist was with a television station in Boston.’
- ‘His story was broadcasted by a Winnipeg television station last week and published in a Winnipeg newspaper this week.’
- ‘A French television station breaks off from normal programmes to let its ousted boss tearfully plead for his job back.’
- ‘Another trip could be a visit to a local television station where you and your child can observe the action behind the scenes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.