One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A device for transmitting telegraph messages as they are keyed, and for printing messages received.
- ‘Enigma was going well by this stage, but intelligence realised there must be another system when a stray teleprinter message was picked up by a listening post in Kent.’
- ‘Other developments included automatic teleprinters which could transmit messages at a rate of 100 words a minute, and facsimile facilities which could transmit war photographers' prints halfway round the world in seven minutes.’
- ‘The invention of the teletypewriter and its development of the teleprinter, linked to the telegraph system, added a further dimension to communications.’
- ‘There were noisy typewriters and even noisier teleprinters, to say nothing of piles of typewritten sheets of paper.’
- ‘The ideal arrangement is to have a teleprinter communicating between the two rooms.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.