[mass noun] The electronic remote control of machines.
- ‘If a pilot who weighs half as much as a typical pilot is good for business, why not get rid of the pilot altogether in favor of teleoperation or an autopilot?’
- ‘Vehicle teleoperation is being developed for this system to gain standoff between soldiers and mine locations.’
- ‘They also thought that teleoperation of robotic rovers should be integrated into operations planning.’
- ‘That could result in a co-development of many industries such as terrestrial point-to-point rocket service, orbital tourism, teleoperation, and robotics.’
- ‘It has an interesting technology featured, which is robotic teleoperation.’