One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The argument for the existence of God from the evidence of order, and hence design, in nature.
- ‘It explains how to understand power laws, the Gaia hypothesis, and ‘self-organized criticality’ without devolving into reification, teleological argument, appeals to the mystical, or other intellectual short-cuts.’
- ‘Apocalyptic narratives of nations, immersed in teleological arguments, necessarily introduce the problem of majorities and minorities, of insiders and outsiders.’
- ‘The most important of those proofs were the ontological argument, the cosmological argument, and the teleological argument.’
- ‘What about the various arguments that have been proposed for the existence of God - the traditional cosmological and teleological arguments for example?’
- ‘So it is very hard to see how the teleological argument, any more than the cosmological, can overturn the argument from evil.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.