Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A feature film produced for distribution by a television channel.
- ‘In fact, some stretches of this season threaten the telemovie in terms of sheer darkness.’
- ‘The Season One set of McLeod's Daughters included the original telemovie that kicked off the whole phenomenon.’
- ‘Filming has begun for a telemovie titled The Alice and is set to hit our screens in July later this year.’
- ‘A better-than-average telemovie about a solo mom who takes her kids west to the California gold-fields in the 1850s.’
- ‘It started out as a low-budget telemovie, which was followed by a sequel, and then there were cinema versions of both, and now there's a Hollywood remake.’
- ‘Boy Soldiers, another Winners series telemovie, is a carefully crafted period piece.’
- ‘A decade of screenwriting followed, until a publisher asked him to turn a children's telemovie he had just written into a book.’
- ‘Channel Nine did well with the local tele-movie The Alice which gathered more than 1.8 million viewers and was the highest rating Australian tele-movie of the year so far.’
- ‘The rich, complex relationships forged in necessity and pain in the telemovie were but blithe footnotes in the series proper.’
- ‘Rife with cold shoulders and heated exchanges, this gritty, uplifting telemovie is a jewel.’
- ‘Don't forget the Kath and Kim telemovie on ABC this Sunday.’
- ‘On Sunday night, Channel 7 screened the first of what is hoped to be a series of telemovies based on the detective novels of Shane Maloney.’
- ‘First up is this 90-minute telemovie, followed by 20 weekly episodes.’
- ‘Joss McWilliam appeared as Ranger Dave in The Adventure of Skippy and also appeared in the tele-movie A Thousand Skies with John Walton.’
- ‘This week it started a new lot of drama programs from local producers with Small Claims starting on Monday night with a telemovie.’
- ‘Colin Friels was one of the leading actors in Water Rats and he later appeared in the telemovie bio of Shirley Temple.’
- ‘Just started filming a very hush-hush telemovie which was won by channel nine after one of the most furious bidding wars ever seen in the city.’
- ‘Five years separated the telemovie and the series.’
- ‘He then returned to live theatre and apart from a few guest spots and some tele movies he never returned to regular TV work.’
- ‘Nine did well with the local tele-movie The Alice which gathered more than 1.8 million viewers and was the highest rating Australian tele-movie of the year so far.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.