Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A feature film produced for distribution by a television channel.
- ‘The Season One set of McLeod's Daughters included the original telemovie that kicked off the whole phenomenon.’
- ‘Don't forget the Kath and Kim telemovie on ABC this Sunday.’
- ‘Five years separated the telemovie and the series.’
- ‘A decade of screenwriting followed, until a publisher asked him to turn a children's telemovie he had just written into a book.’
- ‘It started out as a low-budget telemovie, which was followed by a sequel, and then there were cinema versions of both, and now there's a Hollywood remake.’
- ‘Filming has begun for a telemovie titled The Alice and is set to hit our screens in July later this year.’
- ‘This week it started a new lot of drama programs from local producers with Small Claims starting on Monday night with a telemovie.’
- ‘Just started filming a very hush-hush telemovie which was won by channel nine after one of the most furious bidding wars ever seen in the city.’
- ‘Boy Soldiers, another Winners series telemovie, is a carefully crafted period piece.’
- ‘On Sunday night, Channel 7 screened the first of what is hoped to be a series of telemovies based on the detective novels of Shane Maloney.’
- ‘In fact, some stretches of this season threaten the telemovie in terms of sheer darkness.’
- ‘He then returned to live theatre and apart from a few guest spots and some tele movies he never returned to regular TV work.’
- ‘Channel Nine did well with the local tele-movie The Alice which gathered more than 1.8 million viewers and was the highest rating Australian tele-movie of the year so far.’
- ‘Rife with cold shoulders and heated exchanges, this gritty, uplifting telemovie is a jewel.’
- ‘Nine did well with the local tele-movie The Alice which gathered more than 1.8 million viewers and was the highest rating Australian tele-movie of the year so far.’
- ‘Joss McWilliam appeared as Ranger Dave in The Adventure of Skippy and also appeared in the tele-movie A Thousand Skies with John Walton.’
- ‘Colin Friels was one of the leading actors in Water Rats and he later appeared in the telemovie bio of Shirley Temple.’
- ‘The rich, complex relationships forged in necessity and pain in the telemovie were but blithe footnotes in the series proper.’
- ‘First up is this 90-minute telemovie, followed by 20 weekly episodes.’
- ‘A better-than-average telemovie about a solo mom who takes her kids west to the California gold-fields in the 1850s.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.