One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A feature film produced for distribution by a television channel.
- ‘Don't forget the Kath and Kim telemovie on ABC this Sunday.’
- ‘He then returned to live theatre and apart from a few guest spots and some tele movies he never returned to regular TV work.’
- ‘A better-than-average telemovie about a solo mom who takes her kids west to the California gold-fields in the 1850s.’
- ‘This week it started a new lot of drama programs from local producers with Small Claims starting on Monday night with a telemovie.’
- ‘In fact, some stretches of this season threaten the telemovie in terms of sheer darkness.’
- ‘First up is this 90-minute telemovie, followed by 20 weekly episodes.’
- ‘Filming has begun for a telemovie titled The Alice and is set to hit our screens in July later this year.’
- ‘A decade of screenwriting followed, until a publisher asked him to turn a children's telemovie he had just written into a book.’
- ‘Boy Soldiers, another Winners series telemovie, is a carefully crafted period piece.’
- ‘Joss McWilliam appeared as Ranger Dave in The Adventure of Skippy and also appeared in the tele-movie A Thousand Skies with John Walton.’
- ‘Just started filming a very hush-hush telemovie which was won by channel nine after one of the most furious bidding wars ever seen in the city.’
- ‘Five years separated the telemovie and the series.’
- ‘On Sunday night, Channel 7 screened the first of what is hoped to be a series of telemovies based on the detective novels of Shane Maloney.’
- ‘Nine did well with the local tele-movie The Alice which gathered more than 1.8 million viewers and was the highest rating Australian tele-movie of the year so far.’
- ‘Channel Nine did well with the local tele-movie The Alice which gathered more than 1.8 million viewers and was the highest rating Australian tele-movie of the year so far.’
- ‘The Season One set of McLeod's Daughters included the original telemovie that kicked off the whole phenomenon.’
- ‘Colin Friels was one of the leading actors in Water Rats and he later appeared in the telemovie bio of Shirley Temple.’
- ‘The rich, complex relationships forged in necessity and pain in the telemovie were but blithe footnotes in the series proper.’
- ‘It started out as a low-budget telemovie, which was followed by a sequel, and then there were cinema versions of both, and now there's a Hollywood remake.’
- ‘Rife with cold shoulders and heated exchanges, this gritty, uplifting telemovie is a jewel.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.