A message sent by telephone or telex and delivered in written form, which replaced the telegram for inland messages in the UK in 1981.
- ‘The equipment is arranged to print out the telemessages on a printout medium.’
- ‘The Royal Household took the opportunity presented by the changed format to create a special card in which the telemessage would be inserted.’
- ‘I can't honestly say that I would have considered use of telemessages prior to our emails.’
- ‘Her birthday brought her a third telemessage from the Queen.’
- ‘Allowances are also provided for ‘telemessages’ which replaced the old telegram system.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.