One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The marketing of goods or services by means of telephone calls, typically unsolicited, to potential customers.
- ‘He notes that the company uses basic sales and marketing methods such as focus groups and telemarketing.’
- ‘Strangers may try to take advantage of lonely seniors through telemarketing scams.’
- ‘Direct mail and telemarketing will always play a vital role in campaigning and fundraising.’
- ‘So many services are being outsourced, from telemarketing to website design to Internet scamming.’
- ‘The ideal situation would be to have a market in telemarketing.’
- ‘Very few brands have been built by relying solely on direct mail or telemarketing.’
- ‘Has telemarketing in New Zealand reached saturation point yet?’
- ‘There are four basic direct marketing media available: direct mail, telemarketing, mass media, and interactive media.’
- ‘Some of the practices common in the early days of telemarketing gave our industry a bad name.’
- ‘Plenty of telemarketing territory is untouched by recent regulatory efforts.’
- ‘Unlike other forms of direct marketing, such as junk mail or telemarketing, spam should be considered a threat.’
- ‘It has voicemail, cordless phone ability and extra call centre features that enable telemarketing and a customer service centre.’
- ‘Campaigns might also try to obtain e-mail addresses through direct mail programs and telemarketing.’
- ‘Many of them have converted existing space into call centres, mainly for telemarketing to the US.’
- ‘The new unit will provide inbound and outbound telemarketing service to companies across all industries in Europe and the US.’
- ‘The government opened its national registry allowing consumers to block telemarketing calls.’
- ‘Although political telemarketing may be popular in the US, it's a marketing method generally despised in New Zealand.’
- ‘We're not going to do any kind of outbound marketing or telemarketing or promotions.’
- ‘More to the point, however, is that I used to run a marketing department and I've done some telemarketing.’
- ‘The vast bulk of telemarketing calls are made by institutions to existing customers, either to suggest a new product to them or to seek opinions for a survey.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.