One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A camera lens designed to be fitted in front of a standard lens to increase its effective focal length.
- ‘Video recordings were made with a Canon L2 8-mm camcorder using a 15x lens and a 2 x teleconverter.’
- ‘You might want to look into getting a 1.4x teleconverter, or a longer lens.’
- ‘For the second series of shots, the oriole allowed me to move in from 35 feet to about 28 feet away - this with a 2x teleconverter attached to my 200-500 mm lens set at 500 mm.’
- ‘In fact, most professional bird photographers use a 500 mm or 600 mm lens coupled with a teleconverter to extend the focal length as much as possible.’
- ‘Armed with my 2x teleconverter on my 200 mm - 500 mm Tamron zoom lens set at 500 mm, I fired off a number of shots at close range to capture some of the details of this bird that are not visible from farther away.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.