A camera lens designed to be fitted in front of a standard lens to increase its effective focal length.
- ‘You might want to look into getting a 1.4x teleconverter, or a longer lens.’
- ‘In fact, most professional bird photographers use a 500 mm or 600 mm lens coupled with a teleconverter to extend the focal length as much as possible.’
- ‘Armed with my 2x teleconverter on my 200 mm - 500 mm Tamron zoom lens set at 500 mm, I fired off a number of shots at close range to capture some of the details of this bird that are not visible from farther away.’
- ‘For the second series of shots, the oriole allowed me to move in from 35 feet to about 28 feet away - this with a 2x teleconverter attached to my 200-500 mm lens set at 500 mm.’
- ‘Video recordings were made with a Canon L2 8-mm camcorder using a 15x lens and a 2 x teleconverter.’