One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A telecommunications company.
- ‘This is the latest in a series of setbacks for telcos and telco equipment manufacturers.’
- ‘Quoted company share prices in this sector have suffered alongside telcos in other markets - but undeservedly so.’
- ‘This is simply a way for the telcos to advertise lower prices than they're really charging.’
- ‘Why did the telcos previously believe that subscribers at any cost would be a viable business plan?’
- ‘Do I need to tell you how like almost any enterprise, big telcos hate to be regulated?’
- ‘The telcos responsible for broadband infrastructure can now see where and how they can make money.’
- ‘Most telcos have trenched enough fiber to carry signals across long distances.’
- ‘The monster telco reckons that 91 payphones will be kitted out by the end of the week.’
- ‘An enterprise will look for a breadth of services from the telcos and strong competition in a potential location.’
- ‘Once word of the network hit the papers, the telco and service provider lobby swung into action.’
- ‘The size of the States has also reinforced the monopolistic behaviour of many US telcos and service providers.’
- ‘All over the world, telcos have seen customers switching to cable and mobile phone services.’
- ‘It opens up a huge playing field for mobile telcos who see the opportunity to offer financial services.’
- ‘Bringing costs down will have to become a major priority for both cable companies and the telcos.’
- ‘Will the cities be forced to partner with telcos to help them operate and manage the networks?’
- ‘By doing this telcos will be able to more easily roll out high bandwidth Internet access to both business and residential customers.’
- ‘It is a huge consortium of domain registrars, registry operators, telcos and technology companies.’
- ‘I also understand that the major telcos and cablecos are in a lobbying frenzy to prevent this as well.’
- ‘The telco already runs Wi-Fi public access hot spots and payphones at all three sites.’
- ‘The Singapore authorities already require telcos here to note down the particulars of prepaid card buyers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.