One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to the correlation of rock formations with each other in terms of their connection with a tectonic event.‘tectonostratigraphic evolution of sedimentary assemblages’
- ‘Assuming our favoured out-of-sequence thrust model, we infer the following tectonostratigraphic events.’
- ‘The complicated, varied and protracted history of the Sub-Andean Belt necessitates a brief overview of the principal tectonic events influential in the tectonostratigraphic evolution of its foreland basins.’
- ‘Based on tectonostratigraphic, palaeomagnetic and palacobiogeographical studies, complex assemblies of terranes have been recognized.’
- ‘The differential amount of subsidence between two adjacent tectonostratigraphic provinces or sub-provinces relies on the presence of a transverse zone of structural accommodation.’
- ‘The different amount of subsidence between two tectonostratigraphic provinces or sub-provinces relies on the presence of a transverse zone of structural accommodation.’
1970s: from tectonics + stratigraphic (see stratigraphy).
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.