Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Relating to the correlation of rock formations with each other in terms of their connection with a tectonic event.‘tectonostratigraphic evolution of sedimentary assemblages’
- ‘The differential amount of subsidence between two adjacent tectonostratigraphic provinces or sub-provinces relies on the presence of a transverse zone of structural accommodation.’
- ‘The complicated, varied and protracted history of the Sub-Andean Belt necessitates a brief overview of the principal tectonic events influential in the tectonostratigraphic evolution of its foreland basins.’
- ‘Assuming our favoured out-of-sequence thrust model, we infer the following tectonostratigraphic events.’
- ‘The different amount of subsidence between two tectonostratigraphic provinces or sub-provinces relies on the presence of a transverse zone of structural accommodation.’
- ‘Based on tectonostratigraphic, palaeomagnetic and palacobiogeographical studies, complex assemblies of terranes have been recognized.’
1970s: from tectonics + stratigraphic (see stratigraphy).
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.