One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Doctors may have embraced the beeper before the rest of the world, but their technophilic tendencies seem to have ended there.’
- ‘As a cutting-edge audiophile invention, it seduced the technophilic, connoisseurist males who typically buy new sound equipment and quickly build collections of recordings.’
- ‘Well I think more extreme technophilic ideas do influence the direction of the science, if only because many of the scientists are the people who have these ideas.’
- ‘What she shows so vividly is that the supposed functional justification for this suspension of the rights of citizens is itself based on a huge technophilic illusion.’
- ‘Fortunately, our technophilic predecessors have already been there and done that.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.