One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or characterized by the government or control of society or industry by an elite of technical experts.‘a technocratic approach to government’‘the rise of technocratic elites’
- ‘Theirs was a generation that emphasized technocratic, expert policymaking, not democratic processes.’
- ‘The rest of the world began to associate "Open Source" with software that's only accessible to the technocratic elite.’
- ‘In recent years, academic credentials and technocratic knowledge have become more important than political and electoral experience.’
- ‘In the last two decades, however, the country's politics have become increasingly "technocratic."’
- ‘The hero is on the run for some vague crime against a technocratic society.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.