Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] A style of fast, heavy electronic dance music, typically with few or no vocals.
- ‘The last two weeks they played techno and dance music at the end of the night.’
- ‘Bossa nova, deep techno, hip hop, broken beat and jazz all find common ground in a sound that is a genre all its own.’
- ‘He listens to black music while she listens to different kinds of music, but no techno.’
- ‘At a push he could be loosely considered a techno DJ, but once in the studio, techno seems to be the last thing on his mind.’
- ‘The music is a blend of techno beats and guitar riffs, and makes for pretty decent racing music.’
- ‘His accomplished, melancholic debut of minimal and ethereal, techno music quickly followed.’
- ‘Music, which mainly focused on techno and dance, simply wasn't interesting anymore.’
- ‘If you all grew up in the same social environment, how is it that you understand techno and they don't?’
- ‘The group's sound is blank canvas of electronic soundscapes that fuse techno, hip hop, drum and bass and house.’
- ‘He likes electro, techno, and house, but always figures they could use some renovations.’
- ‘Their music is a mixture of Eastern European folk, gypsy, techno and American jazz.’
- ‘Many had been waiting patiently for several hours, bobbing to blasts of techno, country and rock music.’
- ‘Music will include funky techno, a cappella singers, dance floor jazz, and chilled house.’
- ‘Flamenco now has modern influences such as blues, jazz and more recently rock, hip-hop or techno.’
- ‘His blend of minimal techno and acid has been his trademark sound since the early days.’
- ‘The result is some of the darkest, most introspective techno to come out in a long time.’
- ‘Reminiscent of classic German techno, both are perfect dance floor fillers.’
- ‘The sound effects are ok and the music is all ambient techno style which is nice and moody but maybe a bit dull when the action starts hotting up.’
- ‘His meteoric rise has been cited as one of the catalysts for Swedish techno's current influence.’
- ‘Next door, was a cafe run by a former ska musician with a love for house and techno.’
1980s: abbreviation of technological.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.