Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] A service provided by a hardware or software company which provides registered users with help and advice about their products.
- ‘All registered users are entitled to free technical support and upgrades.’
- ‘The unit had scores of independent Web sites offering product information, technical support and the like.’
- ‘The company will provide companies with component specs, circuit board layouts, software and technical support.’
- ‘Software companies typically provide technical support and bug fixes for only a limited time.’
- ‘They work in all areas from software development and technical support to sales and consulting.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.